So 'why' does the Radio Reception Improve sometimes when I Touch the Radio's Whip Antenna ?

Old October 28th 05, 01:45 PM
RHF

Default So 'why' does the Radio Reception Improve sometimes when I Touch the Radio's Whip Antenna ?

For One and All,

Question - So 'why' does the Radio Reception Improve sometimes
when I Touch the Radio's Whip Antenna ?

For an Idea as to "WHY" - Read - "Marc's Technical Pages"
- by Marc Dekenah

Antenna's for AM/MW Reception :
http://www.marcspages.co.uk/tech/antmwrec.htm

* Choosing the Antenna :

* The Short, Low Capacitance Antenna :

* The Medium Impedance Antenna :
* * Long-Wire Antennas
* * Loop Antennas

* Low Impedance Antennas :

iane ~ RHF
.
.
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Все *адушны ! - - - Группа оператора
на приеме коротковолнового диапазона
Radio для Aнтенн SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
= = = = = Translation = = = = =
All are Welcome - - - To Join the Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
.
.
.. .
Old October 28th 05, 07:48 PM
clifto

FDR wrote:
"RHF" wrote...
Question - So 'why' does the Radio Reception Improve sometimes
when I Touch the Radio's Whip Antenna ?

Answer: Because it likes you.

If the whip gets longer when you touch it, run. Run fast.