Anyone Make a 8-pin Mike Plug to 8-pin Modular Jack?

Old November 1st 05, 01:23 AM
Dick

Default Anyone Make a 8-pin Mike Plug to 8-pin Modular Jack?

I need something similar to the Icom OPC-589, except opposite gender.
I want something to be able to use an 8-pin modular plug microphone on
a radio that has an 8-pin round jack. I.E. the modular end needs to
be a female jack, and the radio end needs to be a standard 8-pin mike
plug. I guess I could make one, but the only modular jacks I have
seen are Cat5 jacks for networking, and they are meant for
installation in a wall plate or similar. Not really suited for an
in-line cable.

Dick - W6CCD
Old November 1st 05, 01:34 AM
Robert Kubichek

Try this link to roll your own for harsh environments....

http://www.rjfield.com/datasheets/RJ...vD%20Nov04.pdf

--
Bob N9LVU
Old November 3rd 05, 09:52 PM
Steve Nosko

Note that for the RJ45 female, this looks like nothing more than an RJ45
male with a double female adapter.
CAUTION !! There are at lease TWO types of RJ 45 F-F adapters - "Straight
through" and "reverse". With proper wiring either can be used.
The "straight through" actually reverses the connections when traced
directly from in to out - it is (two negatives make a positive sort of
thing).

73, Steve, K,9.D;C'I

Old November 3rd 05, 11:11 PM
Dick

Thanks Steve. I made an adapter today using Radio Shack RJ45
connectors and 8-pin mike plug with a short piece of CAT5 cable. I
used an RJ45 coupler (Home Depot) to hook the two RJ45's together.
Works like a champ. Now my Icom HM-118 DTMF mike works with my Icom
IC-746 when I need a PL tone on the repeater.

73, Dick - W6CCD