Kenwood TS-450s optional filter question

Old January 18th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Kenwood TS-450s optional filter question

My Kenwood TS-450sat has both 2.4 KHz filters installed and only the
500 Hz CW positions empty. I would like to install the YK-88SN-1
filter. Can I plug the YK-88SN-1 1.8 KHz filter in one of the open
positions normally used for the 500 Hz CW filter? I'm hoping to be
able to use the two 2.4 KHz filters for normal operation, and then
switch to the 1.8 KHz filter in the 500 setting when someone is parked
closer than 3 KHz away.

Thanks in advanced..

-Michael

Old January 18th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Roger Rabbit wrote:

My Kenwood TS-450sat has both 2.4 KHz filters installed and only the
500 Hz CW positions empty. I would like to install the YK-88SN-1
filter. Can I plug the YK-88SN-1 1.8 KHz filter in one of the open
positions normally used for the 500 Hz CW filter? I'm hoping to be
able to use the two 2.4 KHz filters for normal operation, and then
switch to the 1.8 KHz filter in the 500 setting when someone is parked
closer than 3 KHz away.

Thanks in advanced..

-Michael

That is exactly the way my TS-450sat is configured - works great.

I also have a YG-455CN-1 250 Hz filter in the 455 kHz slot and end up with
the best of both worlds.

Dave

Old January 19th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:57:35 -0500, Dave Holford
wrote:

Roger Rabbit wrote:

My Kenwood TS-450sat has both 2.4 KHz filters installed and only the
500 Hz CW positions empty. I would like to install the YK-88SN-1
filter. Can I plug the YK-88SN-1 1.8 KHz filter in one of the open
positions normally used for the 500 Hz CW filter? I'm hoping to be
able to use the two 2.4 KHz filters for normal operation, and then
switch to the 1.8 KHz filter in the 500 setting when someone is parked
closer than 3 KHz away.

Thanks in advanced..

-Michael

That is exactly the way my TS-450sat is configured - works great.

I also have a YG-455CN-1 250 Hz filter in the 455 kHz slot and end up with
the best of both worlds.

Dave

I ordered the YK-88SN-1 from HRO yesterday after reading your
reply. It looks like the YG-455CN-1 has been discontinued. Inrad has
a similar filter available for the Kenwood 450, but it is $155.00.
Perhaps I'll watch Ebay for awhile and see what comes up.

Thanks for your help.

-Michael

FS: INRAD SSB Filter for Kenwood Radios Keith V Swap 1 August 22nd 04 10:50 PM
WTB YK-107C Kenwood FILTER Josh Swap 0 August 10th 04 10:55 PM
FS: Kenwood YK-88CN 270Hz CW filter David J Windisch Swap 0 June 16th 04 10:32 AM
FS: Kenwood YK-88C CW Filter LJ Swap 0 June 6th 04 09:07 PM
FS: KENWOOD YG-455C-1 CW 500HZ CW FILTER GPinOS Swap 0 February 28th 04 03:59 PM