Old January 28th 09, 12:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

Default FS: National Panasonic RF-5000 SW/AM/FM/LW Radio w/manuals

Hi. I have for sale a nice National Panasonic RF-5000 circa 1968 or
so. Includes original user manual, schematic, wave guides, etc. In
very nice shape for age with optional AC adapter. Everything works
fine except one of the vertical antennas is missing the screw-on tip
and I noticed that the FM selector button needs to be held down
manually for FM reception. Might just need the contacts cleaned. Also
the radio works best on SW with a external antenna. I think the frame
antenna has a loose connection but it does work. The dial light does
work. Has dual speakers, 3 antennas, and numerous inputs/outputs on
back for headphones, external antennas, tape recorder, etc. Asking
$350 shipped within the US.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2d6yj5.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2iiiqnt.jpg
Old January 30th 09, 02:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Jan 27, 7:27*pm, wrote:
Hi. I have for sale a nice National Panasonic RF-5000 circa 1968 or
so. Includes original user manual, schematic, wave guides, etc. In
very nice shape for age with optional AC adapter. Everything works
fine except one of the vertical antennas is missing the screw-on tip
and I noticed that the FM selector button needs to be held down
manually for FM reception. Might just need the contacts cleaned. Also
the radio works best on SW with a external antenna. *I think the frame
antenna has a loose connection but it does work. *The dial light does
work. Has dual speakers, 3 antennas, and numerous inputs/outputs on
back for headphones, external antennas, tape recorder, etc. *Asking
$350 shipped within the US.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2d6yj5.jpghtt...om/2iiiqnt.jpg

In good condition one can be a nice sounding radio. Your price is
well above what they sell for on Ebay though.
Old January 30th 09, 02:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/sold333.html
Old February 3rd 09, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Jan 30, 6:16*am, Radioguy wrote:
In good condition one can be a nice sounding radio. *Your price is
well above what they sell for on Ebay though.

I just used past auctions and sales to base the price. IAnd
especially since this one has all of the original documents with it.
I am open to offers. It is a very beefy radio ( 25 lbs.) and was
definetly a TOTL radio for them at the time. It reminds me of a
earlier version of the RF-9000.
Old February 3rd 09, 08:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Feb 3, 12:27*pm, wrote:
On Jan 30, 6:16*am, Radioguy wrote:

In good condition one can be a nice sounding radio. *Your price is
well above what they sell for on Ebay though.

I just used past auctions and sales to base the price. *IAnd
especially since this one has all of the original documents with it.
I am open to offers. *It is a very beefy radio ( 25 lbs.) and was
definetly a TOTL radio for them at the time. *It reminds me of a
earlier version of the RF-9000.

I owned one for about 5 years in the late 1990's. Fine sounding radio
for listening to all manner of broadcasts. I remember a BBC concert
with pleasure.

The only reason I was questioning the price were things like missing
antenna tip and more imnportantly problems with the tuning switches.
The switching train is complex and a bear to get working right.

Old February 3rd 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Feb 3, 12:45*pm, Radioguy wrote:
On Feb 3, 12:27*pm, wrote:

On Jan 30, 6:16*am, Radioguy wrote:

In good condition one can be a nice sounding radio. *Your price is
well above what they sell for on Ebay though.

I just used past auctions and sales to base the price. *IAnd
especially since this one has all of the original documents with it.
I am open to offers. *It is a very beefy radio ( 25 lbs.) and was
definetly a TOTL radio for them at the time. *It reminds me of a
earlier version of the RF-9000.

I owned one for about 5 years in the late 1990's. *Fine sounding radio
for listening to all manner of broadcasts. *I remember a BBC concert
with pleasure.

The only reason I was questioning the price were things like missing
antenna tip and more imnportantly problems with the tuning switches.
The switching train is complex and a bear to get working right.

It's a 40 year old radio. The fact that it is as nice as the radio is
makes it collectible, not to mention the fact that it has all of the
docs. How many Chinese-made consumer electronic products of today
will be working as good 40 years down the road?
crickets...............
Old February 3rd 09, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Feb 3, 12:27*pm, wrote:

[...]

A collector of collectibles will want it to be in exceptional
condition at that price.

How many Chinese-made consumer electronic products of today
will be working as good 40 years down the road?

That's what was said about Japanese products 50 years ago...

Old February 4th 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Feb 3, 2:48*pm, Radioguy wrote:
That's what was said about Japanese products 50 years ago...

Yeah, get back to me in 40 years about the condition of the Grundig
Sat. 800's and the Eton E1's. As I recall a lot of them were bad
straight off of the production line. I only listed the slight probs
with the unit because I care about being a ethical seller. I could
put it on Ebay and list it as "Mint, Rare, Excellent, etc." as most of
the crap there is sold as and probably gotten away with it.

Anyway, if anyone is interested I will sell for $300 ppd in the US.
Shipping to UK, Australia, Canada, etc. would be extra.