Old November 7th 04, 09:03 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(William) writes:

(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message
Subject: Designed And Built By PROFESSIONALS....
From:
(William)
Date: 10/31/2004 7:53 AM Central Standard Time
Dave Heil wrote in message
Len Over 21 wrote:

There's no reasoning with emotional belief systems...such as

the
PCTA's insistence that all who come after must jump through

the
same hoops they had to when younger.

You have a point. There is no reasoning with emotional belief

systems.
Take a guy who believes that those tested in amateur radio are

"jumping
through hoops" or that the testing elements given today are the

same
as
those in years past. How would you deal with such a guy?

True enough. The Volunteer Examiners are giving Farnsworth exams
rather than the FCC/Part 97 specified Morse Code exams.

There is no such thing as a "Farnsworth exam".

Volunteer examiners will tell you otherwise.

"Steve" says he's a VE and he's OK. :-)

And supposedly being a VE, you should know that.

Whatever "Steve" does is OK. Under "Steve Rulez."

The FCC is required to ensure that all exams and exam materials

used in
the conduct of exams on their behalf are appropriate.

The FCC is required to ensure that what they enforce on Howard Stern
is also enforced on Oprah.

According to "Steve," the FCC pays a lot of attention to what a bunch
of radio hobbyists do in the service of their country...

In reality there is a difference story...but the fantasylanders don't
want to tarnish the patina of their embellishments.

I said before the restructuring and I'll say it again, "What I fear
most about restructuring is a lack of enforcement, and what I fear
most about maintaining the status quo is a lack of enforcement."

Amateur Radio is now in it's 30th year of a lack of enforcement.

Actually, longer. CB (on HF) became legal 46 years ago...NO
code test then to get on HF, not even a single test to take.

After a few years the "licensure" (token callsign on completion
of application) was removed.

To the best of my knowledge,

Well there you go. You're basing your opinion upon your own limited
knowledge.

True enough. But, "Steve" has LICENSURE and is "fully authorized"
to operate (radiating RF) within the boundaries of amateur radio
regulations. That's enough to make him imagine anything that he
wants is real, legal, and the Absolute Truth. [I still say it is all

due
to some post-traumatic stress problem, perhaps from those "seven
hostile actions"]

not a single exam in service today has been
identified by the FCC as being inappropriate or not in confomance

with
FCC
requirements, nor has the FCC ever directed the removal from service

of
any
Morse Code exam as unacceptable.

Nor would they. It is Morse Code that is specified in Part 97.
You're going to have to try a little harder to unseat my informed
opinion.

The FCC still hasn't fully qualified its own definition of

International
Morse Code in Part 97, Title 47 C.F.R. Neither do they fully
and unambiguously define telegraphy "word rate."

However, "Steve" imagines he is still Boss NCO of the unit and
gives Orders as if everyone else were the recruits in the "corps."
As if...

Steve, K4YZ

Yeh, sure. Whatever.

Opus' Mayor Bill (the Cat) has the last word..."Pbthththth..." :-)

Steve has an incredibly uninformed knowledge bank wrt Volunteer
Examining. Luckily for the ARS, he is busy being a volunteer for
numerous other organizations.

His "bank" has no interest. Come to think of it, I'm not much
"interested" in that "knowledge." :-)

Good thing because you won't find much. His bank not even FDIC
insured.

Bankrupt.

Alan Greenspan can't regulate him. :-)

Careful, "Steve" is going to "show you his 'citations' at Dayton!"
[I think his singular citation is swingting...as the saying goes]

Steve Puffy Flightsuit will not be able to verify the pedigree of his
medal collection at Dayton or any other American city.

Who knows...maybe he has a championship caliber collection?

That Spanish American War service medal looks nice.

Must have had lots of "hostile action" on San Juan Hill.

I'm still curious as to "Steve's" citations for those 'seven hostile
actions' he claimed he had.

Mere claims. Then there is reality, which has passed him by.

What? Just "claims?" Oh, my!

Tsk. The desert around Barstow, CA, is kinda "hostile."

Or the acknowledgement that DoD
really does run MARS and does so OUTSIDE the ham bands.

Oh, my. Now there is a diffy cult one to validate. Hi!

Not to worry. Some ARRL propagandist (maybe even Pres. Sumner
hisself) will exonerate him somehow. :-)

Or "Steve's" power (as a licensured health professional) to pick
up a phone and have just anyone "picked up" by the authorities.

Dat boy be well connected. He one powerful mamma jamma. Hoodo dat
voodooo?

"Voodoo?" I know he tries to "pin" lots of things on others.

I'm still waiting for the "authorities" to come pick me up after that
awesome, powerfull single phone-call by a "health professional."
So far its only been the USPS, FedEx, and United Parcel Service.
:-)

That's just up in the top 3 of dozens of his claims. Ho hum.

Claims. Mere claims. No validation.

"Validation?" He no need no steenking validation!

He say. That be all dat's necessary.

All that makes Steve Robeson a ....

Whoa! Don't say it!

That will start another special personal-insult thread by his high
holiness!

Actually, it did...sad to say.