Old August 19th 03, 05:54 PM
Doug McDonald

tony sayer wrote:

In article , Tom Desmond
writes
Joe Blow wrote:

Analog cable looks and sounds better than digital cable.

And both look terrible compared to over-the-air DTV, which can far
exceed the quality of analog cable or analog broadcast.

Well you must have some terrible analogue signals where you are if you
reckon that DTV is better!..

Our off air analogue from Sandy Heath out does DTV all the time and the
NICAM sound is better that the MPEG equivalent..

As for digital cable -- as overcompressed as it typically is, it should
hardly be used as an example of what digital is capable of.

--
Tony Sayer

It think that I may have written "And both look terrible compared to
over-the-air DTV, which can far
exceed the quality of analog cable or analog broadcast."

And that is true ... OTA DTV looks astoundingly better than analog
cable or broadcast. Really. There is simply no quibble possible.
Of course I was referring to the situation in the United States
(or Australia) where we have HDTV, not in backward places like
Europe.

Doug McDonald