Old November 5th 03, 06:05 AM
Ian

lid inquired:

What do you think is better, Sirius or XM radio?

In terms of Quality, Sirius or XM...any comments suggestions you can give
would be great!

thanks

I chose XM Radio about a month ago, partly from the advice received
in this n/group, and partly after
looking at both outfits' list of channels.
I wanted drama, audio book readings, BBC World Service, and certain
kinds of music (50s, 60s, classical etc). XM had these and the
layout of the channels seemed
more specific - or do I mean thematic? - than that of Sirius.
So, I can't give any opinion on what Sirius is like, but I can tell
you I'm delighted with most of what I get on XM.
Haven't had the FM/AM radio on for more than a few minutes since getting the
satellite receiver connected!
I use the equipment only in the house, not in a vehicle;
the sound quality is good enough for my undemanding needs, but I
do notice the volume level is only about 60 per cent of the FM radio's; not
a problem as I just turn up the volume. I don't know if this is
something peculiar to my particular setup or not, though.
--
Ian Ft Worth, TX, USA
change m to r to Reply by email