Old November 20th 03, 02:11 AM
Paul Jensen

"Keith Anderson" wrote in message
I some how had a 3000W FM Radio station handed to me, and i have a few
quick questions.

The station currently has an ORBAN Model 8100A OPTIMOD-FM. I noticed
that my station sounds 'very flat' compaired to other stations playing
the same music. My question is this:

I would like to make the music 'thump'. Can i do some audio processing
before the optimod? (ie add a bit more .. *unf*), or would the optimod
just strip that anyways? All i would like is for the drums and bass to
hit just a little harder, i've dorked with the optimod and had the
engineer in there, and i think we have it sounding as good as its
going to get by itself, but want more, but to poor to buy even a newer
one for now.

Sorry if this question seems silly, or retarded, i know nothing about
any of this, like i said i fell backwords onto the station and i'm
just trying my best to keep it operational.

I appreicate your time!

Best of luck with the station! Where is the transmitter located in relation
to the studios? How are they connected? Where in this chain is the Optimod
located? The Optimod is capable of limiting and maybe some compression,
but it will not compare to processors that have come along since the 8100
rolled out of the factory.

Paul Jensen
Florida's Emerald Coast