Old December 21st 03, 06:16 AM
Scott Dorsey

In article , Steve wrote:
To recap:
-No problems in the summer, only when it is cold outside!
-Taking a portable radio into the running car does not exhibit the
problem, so I don't believe that there is interference from the car.
-Turning on the car radio causes the exact same interference on a
portable radio in the car.
-I have tried 2 different brands and both had the problem.

It's RF trash being dumped on the vehicle power lines. Is it related to
the heater being turned on? Start pulling fuses until the problem goes
away and you'll locate the source.
--scott