Old April 17th 04, 05:05 PM
John Higdon

In article ,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

There are plenty of PDs who don't want transparency, and in fact who
want processing that specifically puts their fingerprint on the sound
and makes it sound different than everything else on the dial. Not
necessarily better, just different.

Indeed. I was simply countering the statement by someone that "Texars
are loud and yet sound like the original source". The fact is that they
definitely do not. Whether or not a PD would find that coloration
pleasing or desirable is an issue I'll let others debate.

I don't get it, but then I think the whole loudness war thing is silly
anyway.

On that, we can agree fully.

--
John Higdon | Email Address Valid | SF: +1 415 428-COWS
+1 408 264 4115 | Anytown, USA | FAX: +1 408 264 4407