Old January 20th 04, 02:35 AM
Quaoar

JMC wrote:
I was having problems with the keypad on several older programmable
scanners (Pro 43 & 26) and found this great fix called Lub-a-Spray
made by Panef for $1.75 at the local hardware store. All I did was
remove the case, remove the rubber keypad, lay it on a paper plate
with the underside face up and squirt this dry graphite lube into all
the open spots with the applicator, shake the loose material off,
place back in the scanner and it works like new. Be very careful
with this stuff, as it's quite messy, but it works great.

I've done similar with a very thin layer of rubber cement and graphite.
works great.