Old November 29th 04, 09:15 AM
ukmonitor

YES THE SCANMASTER AIRBAND DOUBLE DISCONE WORKS WELL.

But you could make one for a few pounds.

Dual or Tri-band band amateur antennas have internal matching networks
which can give poor results when used outside their intendend
frequency ranges.

They can work reasonably well upto approx. +/- 20% outside their
design frequencies (plus a few odd harmonic resonses), which may be OK
for PMR monitoring. But it will not provide good coverage of the whole
of the UHF MIL air band.

I use a Double discone and can monitor re-broadcast satcom traffic in
the UHF Mil band, so I think it is good enough.....

UKM

"paul churchill" wrote in message ...
So after all that is someone out there going to answer the original question
which was basically (Is the scanmaster airband discone that nevada sell
worth it's price tag) rgds all from M3PAC.... PAUL.....
"Troy R." wrote in message
u...
I am after a good V/UHF airband antenna and found this on a Google search.
Anybody actually own one and can tell me how they perform?

http://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/acatalo...airmaster.html

--
Regards
Troy Rowland