Old September 10th 03, 06:10 AM
Pete KE9OA

We were toying with the idea of electronic pots; my boss likes that idea.
About that RF gain control...........I believe that you might want that, so
that the AGC can be disabled, so that low frequency hets won't modulate the
AGC bus. That can be compensated to an extent, by using a fast attach, slow
release type of AGC.
Clifton T. Sharp Jr. wrote in message
Diverd4777 wrote:
Portable over Small table top;

Even if it's a somewhat large portable.

Double conversion would be a must.
Presets would be invaluable; I have them on the Sangean 606A and the

Sangean
DT110
Built in antenna with external port.
DX - Local switch.. ?? always have it on DX..

Far better: RF gain control.

Loop antenna add-ons for DX'ing or distant stations.
extra speaker plug ins for Stereo FM ??

Not much stereo FM on the MW band.

Definitly Digital readout
Small, ( 3 inch?) ported speaker

He said he wanted good audio quality.

Knob type Tone controls

Pots get noisy. I wouldn't mind electronic controls.

Target price.. Dunno, competitive with others in the field..

This is not gonna be cheap.

--
"Here, Outlook Express, run this program." "Okay, stranger."