Old February 1st 04, 01:34 PM
Stephan Grossklass

McMansion schrieb:

I figured this was the place to write an observation ...

I recently bought a Sony shortwave 7600GR and am pretty happy with it.
(As those of you who own this unit know, the speaker could have been
better, but what the hey) .... Anyway, the thing is, the AM reception
on this shortwave is no better -- actually, a little worse -- than the
AM reception with my $10 sony pocket radio (the new one).

That's interesting, since this receiver reportedly has about the best MW
reception in its class. A MW frame antenna should help there.

Don't that strike y'all as odd to say the least?

By the way, as I also listen to a lot of MW, I'd be curious to know
what you think are the shortwaves with the best MW reception.

Well, an AR7030 with a good MW frame should yield quite acceptable
results... Actually, just about any receiver with low noise levels,
decent filters and otherwise well laid out circuitry should do. The old
Panasonic RF-2200 seems to be a favorite among MW DXers also due to its
rotatable MW antenna, too bad it apparently wasn't sold in big numbers
over here. (The RF-2800 does appear on Ebay once in a while.)

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xCel300A, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, ATI AGP 32 MiB, 110W