Old April 13th 04, 05:39 PM
DesignGuy

"Stephen Newlyn" wrote in message
From the WWDXC Mailing list via Wolfgang Bueschel

Our Vote for Voice of Slovakia !

support here with your e-mail-

http://www.ratzer.at/slovak.php

Just fill in the Form with name, place and email address, press send and

the
general manager of RSI Dr. Reznik will automatically get your support

mail.

During the txion concerning listener's mail, Radio Slovakia broadcast the
bad nx that the management of the station wants to stop SW transmissions

by
May 1, 2004. The people from the German lang editorial staff ask for help
from all listeners, maybe there is a way to convince the management of the
importance of SW txions from Slovakia.

Here is the plea that was broadcast on April 4, 2004:

Dear listeners! We have bad nx for you. The general manager of Radio
Slovakia Dr. Jaroslav Reznik is considering to stop SW txions by May 1,
2004.

After this date, our txions can only be heard by satellite and internet!

Well is just sent in my name.

I don't have satellite, and I don't listen to streaming audio via Internet.
I *want* to listen to it on shortwave. Countries like Slovakia can't afford
to give up shortwave, since both satellite and internet have "gatekeepers"
that can keep your message out if they want to.

Where else are we to learn about the events happening in Slovakia - CNN?!?!
I think not....