Old August 18th 04, 02:39 PM
Chuck

Hi Mike,

How did you plan to float the tuner? It would
probably be grounded through the coax shield and
possibly through the dc power ground, wouldn't it?

Chuck

Michael Melland wrote:
Anyone feeding a dipole with ladder line feed from an Icom AH-4 ?

I can find articles from people using it with whips and random length
wires.... but I'd like to feed a dipole with ladder line from it.... one leg
to the tuner's ground and the other leg the active tuner output. I think I
would be able to float the tuner without a fixed "ground" connection then
.... the non active leg acts like a counterpoise in a balanced antenna like
this right (?).

Mike

--
Michael Melland, W9WIS