Old August 26th 03, 02:48 AM
W5DXP

Roy Lewallen wrote:
If people want to argue about the reflection of power waves, I'll gladly
bow out and let Cecil and his colleagues resume their interminable
arguments without me.

I don't think there's anything to argue about. From _Optics_, by Hecht:
"We define the reflectance R to be the ratio of the reflected power to
the incident power." "When we talk about the 'amount' of light illuminating
a surface, we are referring to something called the irradiance, denoted by
I - the average energy per unit area per unit time." Light and RF are both
EM waves. These scientific facts concerning light have only been known to
physics for about 300 years.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp