Old March 15th 05, 04:14 AM
RST Engineering

I'm not locked in to the MC1350 - it just happens to be
what's used in the "ultra-cheap" kit I ordered. As it turns
out, there's a company (Lansdale.com) that seems to be
forming a business model around buying "obsolete" IP
from Motorola et.al. and keeping the parts available.
Interesting idea. As it happens, NTE has a drop-in
replacement part for the MC1350 in their "NTE746" -
available from Mouser. May be of interest to some on
this group???

The absolute minimum operating voltage for the MC1350 is 12 volts. Not
11.9, 12. If this is a mobile application, then figure on a switching power
supply to get you up to 15 volts or so.

Among that stuff is an HP8654A
good to about 520 MHz that I've never used (and for the
life of me can't figure why I bought 8-)........

Oh, I'll take it off your hands for $20 or so {;-)

Jim