Old March 15th 05, 06:24 PM
dxAce

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...

kryppy wrote:

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:45:38 -0800, "69FLH"
wrote:

Getting ready to put up a Discone antenna (Sky Scan DX V1300) and am
looking for further suggestions and opinions regarding what cable to run. I
am not sure exactly how far it will be. To estimate it though, I would say
between 50 and 75 feet to where I plan on bring it into the house to the
scanner. (BC 796D). Any input will be appreciated...
TIA

RG-6

Nope... use a 50 ohm co-axial cable.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Don't worry about impedance, a 1.5(75 ohm) to 1(50 ohm) match is fine,
even if transmitting, and on reception, it's totally meaningless. RG6 is
a lot easier to work with, and is cheaper than all but the crappiest RG8
type too. There are no real drawbacks to using it...

I'll let you stick with the cheap stuff then.

dxAce
Michigan
USA