Old September 5th 03, 06:18 AM
Roy Lewallen

Frankly, I haven't paid any attention to your ducking, dodging, and
hand-waving. You haven't been able to produce an analysis showing the
voltages, currents, and powers in the same simple circuit I analyzed. As
far as I'm concerned, nothing you've posted constitutes a proof of anything.

One thing I have gotten from your postings, though, is an appreciation
for what you said about your alma mater being a military school. They
obviously taught you to always present a moving target, and you learned
the lesson well.

I return the readers now to tau, s11, n-port networks, optics, virtual
photons, and whatever else can be produced to avoid directly facing the
stark reality of Ohm's and Kirchoff's laws. Enjoy!

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

The calculation used for reflection coefficient is based on its
definition, namely reflected voltage divided by forward voltage.

Unfortunately, you did not correctly identify the forward voltage
and reflected voltage. V1*tau is only one of the forward voltage
components. There is another one, V2*rho. Same for current.

Did you see my example where by adding one wavelength of lossless
feedline, it can be proven that reflected power can never be greater
than forward power?