Old July 18th 05, 09:09 PM
Scott Dorsey

Steve Stone wrote:

First item:

There seems to be a TV channel 6 station on the air from NYC metro area
with the only reason to be on the air is to act like a FM station on
87.7. Any one have details on this ?

Almost certainly a pirate. All of the Haitian stations in Brooklyn at
the bottom of the band are definitely pirates.

Second item:

A friend who works and travels from Lodi NJ to the Catskills in NY says
he is hearing a bunch of Spanish LPFM stations scattered across the
Hudson Valley , all on the same FM frequency, all playing the same
programming on a low end frequency that has never been assigned to any
radio station by the FCC in the country with one exception, and this is
not the exception. Could this be a pirate station with translators
linked by internet ? I think he said the freq was 87.9 but don't hold me
to that.

87.9 is called "channel 200." It is assigned by the FCC only to stations
that have been forced to move from other noncommercial allocations, and of
course only in areas with no TV Channel 6 coverage.

Again, almost certainly a pirate.
--scott