Old March 15th 04, 04:03 AM
Peter Dougherty

"Incognito" said :

Well here are 14 well run DXpeditions -- you work em ???

Worked a good number of them; 8 or 9, I think. I can't hear southeast
Asia from here, so I couldn't get Pratas, Myanmar or Cocos-Keeling.
Never got through to 3C0V and was on business in the UK while Mali was
happening. Of the rest, I won't work an operation on bands/modes I
already have confirmed, so I sat out a few of those (Tunisia and
Marquesas come to mind).

I don't agree with the positioning of a few of them on that list, and
I certainly would not have ranked 3C0V that high, nor TO4E, nor
VP6DIA, though they all deserved to be on that list if for nothing
else going to entities that were desperately needed. Points for effort
and all that.

ST0RY was pretty good from what I remember, but I have Sudan on 10, 15
and 20, the only bands I could have gotten them on. Never heard them
on 12 or 17, though I was trying.

From my personal experience, I would have ranked AH3D highest. They
were absolutely first-rate. They were well-ordered with a good signal
and even when it was a madhouse for the first few days, they always
ran a good crisp-clean operation. I think it took me 2 days to get
through for the first time, and I got them on three bands, total.
Understand, of course, that the 425 list is Italian/EU centric, and I
wonder how well they were able to get a signal from Johnston into the
EU.

I like any operation that has worked through their piles so quickly
that in the waning days they're essentially begging.

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net