Old May 6th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Telamon

Default added 10 nF to my 1500-700Khz ant loop: -- Result: i'm into LW 216khz !

In article ,
switcher wrote:

That's what I did, 10nF added to the loop- var cap setup, and now I see
that RMC INfo on 216 comes in with sig 9... (without loop: about 1).

Strange thing is that with var cap + 10nF the loop only tunes between
say 207 and 225 khz, while on AM (without the 10nF), it tunes 1 MHz wide
..

explanation ??

Snip

Your tuning cap at the low range is only part of the total capacitance
instead of the whole capacitance for the resonant circuit. I have those
duh moments too.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California