Old June 11th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
Cecil Moore

Default I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antennastill gets wet when it rains.

Not Lloyd wrote:
Do what you wish, but those who are better educated will continue to use the
apostrophe to denote the possessive rather than the plural.

Would a "Basic Manual of Style" change your mind?

I have a "Webster's New Universal Unabridged Dictionary"
which contains a "Basic Manual of Style" in the back.
Here's what it says for "Apostrophe: 1. ... 2. ... 3. To
form the plurals of letters or figures add an apostrophe
and an s. ..."

It does say that a few people object to number 3. As in
many other areas of the English language, the context of
the use of the apostrophe determines its function:

1. to replace missing letters,
2. possessive,
3. plurals of letters or numbers.

P.S. The better educated posters avoid violating the
attribution rules for newsgroups.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp