Old October 6th 03, 03:46 AM
Nick C

Yea, I noticed that RS is promoting RG-6 'F' cable for their SW radios on
their web site. I was curious about this, so I check it's loss and it looks
on-par with RG-8x and is much more flexible. I might try that if I can find
a couple of F-PL259 adapters... it's really cheap coax.

-Nick

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
Ralph, that's what I hear from other SWL'ers too. But, there are those

that
swear by it. So, it'd just be an interesting test... albeit and

expensive
one... ;o)

For a cheaper expirment try adding about 30 feet of some rg-8x or even

rg-56
or 59 (I know 59 is 70 ohm coax but it does not mater for receiving) .

That
will be about the same loss as you would gain if you switched out 100 feet
of rg-8 to the 9913. See if you can tell any differance.

Not because I wanted to see the differance but because I was replacing

some
antennas. I replaced about 100 feet of old rg-8 with some new lmr400 and
could not tell any differance at 50 mhz. I know there is some but it is
light lighting a candle in the sun.. It is there but can not really tell
it.