Old September 28th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
kd5sak kd5sak is offline

Default Slightly OT was Proposal 3 (US Hams)

"Joel Kolstad" wrote in message
"Leroy" wrote in message
news Absolutely they do, and it's a really cool part of the hobby... but for
every 100 amateurs, I would guess that the number running QRP on a regular
basis is about 1.

---Joel

My sole experience with QRP was accidental. I had reduced power to 5 watts
to tune to a different band (17 meters) and forgot to turn the power back
up. As a result I found myself speaking to a Swiss ham form my southern
Oklahoma shack with 5 watts and getting a reasonably good signal report. I
realize that for real QRPers 5 watts is high power, but for me it was an
unusual pleasure. Moreso because bad weather had me using an indoor dipole
mounted on the wifes sewing room ceiling (about nine feet above the earth).

Harold
KD5SAK