Old November 19th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default What is this signal on 4.005 MHz?

Matt J. McCullar wrote:

I'm hearing a strong digital signal of some sort when my radio is in CW
mode, on 4.005 MHz in north Texas during the evening hours. Sounds like
high-speed Morse code. I've done a web search with no luck, except that
Vatican Radio supposedly transmits on that frequency. Any idea what this is
and where it's coming from?

Thanks!

Matt J. McCullar, KJ5BA
Arlington, TX

I'm receiving it in Calgary, Albert Canada also.
S2 to S3 with lots of background hiss. It's almost like a cross between
radio teletype and morse but that may be due to muting by the noise.

03:17 GMT
Kenwood R2000
100 ft north south wire antenna

mike