Old December 7th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
joemama023 joemama023 is offline

Default Questions about scanners........

Dave Ferguson wrote:
First I have to admit that i am ignorant, having said that, lol....My
gf would like a scanner, her dad is on the fire department, and they
recently switched over to 800 mhz. So now all I hear are the tones and
then assignment of fireground. My question is, what kind of scanner do
I need to buy for her to be able to hear the conversations on the 800
Mhz freq. is a conventional scanner with 800 Mhz ok, or do i need
trunking? or digital? I have absolutely no idea. please advise =o)

You would need to supply the city or county fire dept that your gf's dad
works for before someone could give you an answer. Most likely it's a trunk
type system.

Dave

he works for the Forest Township Fire Dept, which is located in Genesee
County, Michigan