Old December 7th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Dave Ferguson Dave Ferguson is offline

Default Questions about scanners........

"joemama023" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dave Ferguson wrote:
First I have to admit that i am ignorant, having said that, lol....My
gf would like a scanner, her dad is on the fire department, and they
recently switched over to 800 mhz. So now all I hear are the tones

and
then assignment of fireground. My question is, what kind of scanner

do
I need to buy for her to be able to hear the conversations on the 800
Mhz freq. is a conventional scanner with 800 Mhz ok, or do i need
trunking? or digital? I have absolutely no idea. please advise =o)

You would need to supply the city or county fire dept that your gf's dad
works for before someone could give you an answer. Most likely it's a

trunk
type system.

Dave

he works for the Forest Township Fire Dept, which is located in Genesee
County, Michigan

It appears that Fire Dispatch is on 154.145 then are switched to 800 mHz
when enroute and on scene.
Go to this website for actual frequencies:
http://www.radioreference.com/module...e=RR&ctid=1251
A scanner that can receive 800mhz would be fine if this is all you want to
do. You may want to check around other counties or state agencies to see
whether you need a trunking or digital scanner.

Dave