Old March 10th 04, 06:12 PM
CL

"AA" wrote in message

snipped

I'd bet (esp. with the "buzzing noise"....60 cycle noise due to poor

regulation
in the power supply) that the P/S is either too low wattage, in need of

new
filter caps, or both.

Cheers;

I'm not familiar with the rig that is being discussed to go into much detail
nor am I going to disagree with your suggestions as they may be on target as
well, however... the buzzing sound could also be caused by the Antenna being
too close to the PS or the RF getting into the Power Supply, regardless how
well regulated it may be. The loop that is formed, will create a buzzing.
Been there done that! I helped out another fella not too awfully long ago
with the same problem in one of these radio groups. CL