Old March 4th 07, 07:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Fun -- From the Unexpected

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 22:15:51 -0800, "Sal M. Onella"
wrote:

This time, the tuner had no trouble getting a very low SWR. I tuned
around and heard a guy. I called him and he came right back. From Hawaii.
He said I had a solid signal, although I'm sure his five-element beam was
doing much of the work.

I've heard stories about unusual antennas, including the one about
part of an antenna is a novelty.

There you go! 90% of the modeling here is so much narcissistic
puffery in analysis and "science" when almost anything will radiate
(actually everything will radiate). If you want to mark it up to the
other guy's antenna, it all still works.

Glad you could touch the other side of the world (or at least a
quarter of the way there - there's nothing but sea, or Diego Garcia,
half way 'round).

Spread around some more ladders (cheaper than gaussian arrays).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC