Old April 10th 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
AndyS AndyS is offline

Default What kind of 1/2 wave antenna is this?

Rick wrote:

1/4 wavelength of wire going to two egg insulators. Off of one of the egg
insulators is another 1/4 wavelength of rope. The feedline (coax) is
taped to the rope along its length, then the rope and feedline combination
is enclosed in 1/4 wavelength of copper braid. The center conductor of
the feedline goes to the wire, and the shield goes to the braid.

Andy comments:
I remember seeing something similar where a coax feedline had
the center conductor connected to 1/4 wavelength of wire, and
then 1/4 wavelength down the coax feedline, the coax was wrapped
thru a
toriod, which decoupled the "outer surface" but didn't affect the
inner power flow which was common mode..... Seems to me that it would
work the same
way.....
Anybody seen this, or have a name for it ?

Andy W4OAH