Old March 14th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] thebrownie@earthlink.net is offline

Default AM, FM Radio Predicted to End in 15 Years

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:49:28 GMT, "Scooter" wrote:

Radio's big problem is content! I'm sorry jukebox stations playing the same
hits, with robotic voice trackers won't cut in the age of ipods and
wireless internet. And it appears new gadgets are coming to market faster
than any of us can keep up. Owners and management must groom new young
talent. Imagine if your favorite baseball team stopped going after new
talent? Stations must start taking risk's again. IBOC is the right
direction, but just doing the same old thing is not.. And hello CC it's not
working. nobody really cares enough to rush out and buy a new radio... If
you radio had the same rush Ipods have received none of this would be a
problem. But IBOC is DOA.
and revenues for terrestrial radio is flat and trending down. And that's a
trend. yes people are still listening, but cume is trending down, slowly
with revenues!. If IBOC grabs any market share it will fracture and decrease
shares of terrestrial radio listening. And that's not good!

I will not be alive in 15 years so what the hell should I care ?