Old July 14th 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
harvey[_2_] harvey[_2_] is offline

Default How can I tell if mine works?

Hook about thirty feet of wire up to it and throw the wire out the
window.
Make sure the wire isn't near electrical appliances or touching the
ground.
and has a " good view" of the sky

Then tune around.

On Jul 14, 8:22*am, wrote:
Hi experts,

I was able to buy a Drake R7A in the market near by.
I don’t have any knowledge about this (I don’t have any understating
in Radio).
I simply bought it because I assumed it might be worth more than I
paid.

Anyway, when connecting it to power I see the display (I guess it’s a
good indication…).

How can I tell if it really works? Do I need to hear some noise?
Anything else I can do to check that it is working?

I would appreciate any tip you can give me.
I might try to sell it later on when I better understand the condition
of the unit I have.

Thank you!