Old December 7th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Antenna dimensions?

SparkyGuy wrote:
I built this, actually, a while back. Toss in a director (what is one
more wire?); I found that to be a worthwhile mod ...

Regards,
JS

Suggestions re. dimensions and location of a director?

Thanks.

I believe I tried lengths of a 3% to 5% shorter length with the
director, than the drive element (i.e., the one in front of the
reflector), settling on a 4% shorter length ... anyway, that is common
in HF parasitic arrays ... this is equiv. to a 3-element quad on HF.

I just dug it out and measured it, this is what it appears to be,
alright. With a spacing between driven element and director of ~0.2
wavelength, center-to-center.

Regards,
JS