Old March 18th 09, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
mikea mikea is offline

Default ICOM 91AD

MarcusV wrote in :
Worth the extra $$$ @ $369.99?

D-Star technology worth having or would I be better off with a simularly
priced handheld w/o the D-Star but other features instead?

That's a really hard call, and it depends lots on your answers to questions like
o Is there lots of D-star where you use your handhelds??
o Are you interested in using D-star?

I personally have no interest in it, but know hams who do. There's not much
build-out of D-star where I am, but some areas (e.g., Minneapolis and its
surrounds) have a fair amount.

I can't answer your question for you, but I hope this helps guide you to
your own answer.

Very 73, de

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO