Old December 26th 09, 03:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BDK[_6_] BDK[_6_] is offline

Default ICOM R75 vs Yaesu VR-5000

In article 9c02d232-5e12-4a3a-8314-
, says...
Thanks BDK, I know the ICOM R-75 is pretty much the standard these
days for tabletops. One more question, do you use any computer
programming software for the R-75? I know I can "google" these
questions but I rather hear directly from those in here who use the
products or know about them.

I don't personally have an R75, but friends have had them. I don't think
they used any software with them when they had them.

I have, at the present time, a JRC NRD-515, an NRD-525, A Kenwood TS-
850SAT, an Allied SX-190, and a Hammarlund HQ-100. Those all work, and I
have a couple of dead Icom R71A's that will almost surely come back to
life soon. It's almost always something simple when they just wont turn
on. Last one was a cracked solder joint. It took longer to put it back
together than it took to fix it. Sold it for a nice profit afterwards.
--

BDK..
Leader of the nonexistent paid shills.