Old November 11th 10, 05:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
VK2KC Gmail VK2KC Gmail is offline

Default J pole feed

Thanks Cecil,
I do appreciate your input, I was on the right track!

Kind regards
John
VK2KC

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
On Nov 10, 7:40 pm, "VK2KC Gmail" wrote:
What works best? The standard J pole feed or the way Arrow feeds theirs?

Arrow feeds their "J-Pole" like a Zepp antenna through a 1/4WL series
section. The spacing of the antenna elements are such that a 50 ohm
feedpoint impedance results. The standard J-Pole uses a shorted 1/4WL
stub for matching. The stub is tapped at the 50 ohm feedpoint
impedance. There is hardly any difference in the two designs.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com