Old October 21st 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dan Yemiola AI8O[_2_] Dan Yemiola AI8O[_2_] is offline

Default Forty Years Licensed

"Howard Lester" wrote in message

"Phil Kane" wrote

Steve, I think you're right - very right - especially after reading Jim's
posting that followed yours. It's an experience that few of us hams share
any more.

In the mid 70's I took the first class phone exam in front of a FCC examiner
in Cincinnati.
Since there wasn't an FCC office in town they held the exam at a suburban
hotel in one of those meeting rooms where they pull out a divider to
subdivide the room. Unfortunately there was a Mary Kay Cosmetics meeting
being held on the other side of the ballroom, and every five minutes or so
Mary Kay ladies would start clapping and singing, just like camp meeting.

No "quiet, sterile FCC exam room " that day.