Old October 25th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default Forty Years Licensed

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:53:24 EDT, AF6AY wrote:

I don't think it is that bad. I moved from the Midwest to California
in November of 1956. The Field Office of the FCC is in Long Beach,
CA, and that office doesn't look furnished in WWII-surplus.

Until 1975 the LA office was in downtown LA, and its last location was
on the top floor of the U S Courthouse. When the judges made them
move, the deal was cut to move to Long Beach with G.I. 1960s-era
furniture. It helped that one of the engineers there (a good friend
and ham who rose to become the Western Regional Director but died much
too young 15 years ago) was a superior surplus scrounger who found the
newest-looking stuff.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest