Old November 8th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Linux for Hams

xpyttl wrote:

It doesn't have Ubuntu's eye candy, though, and unfortunately, Fedora is
intended to be the "bleeding edge" distro, so about as soon as you get it
installed it goes out of support. On the other hand, after many attempts,
they have heavy-duty security that is pretty painless. It took them quite a
few releases to get there tho, and the other distros haven't even started
down the path yet.

Late flash - I found some other Ubuntu repository, and theere are a lot
of Ham Radio Apps there. I've installed a few, and so far so good.