Old February 10th 11, 02:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc,oma.general,nebr.misc,rec.radio.info
ARRL Members Only Web site ARRL Members Only Web site is offline

Default LB573 - Rotating Amber Light Bill Hearing (was Legislative Update (was LB719 Hearing (was Flashing Light Bill Amendment Introduced (Nebraska))))

This is a "heads-up" that the bill to allow Nebraska Storm Spotters to
use flashing amber lights will be reviewed at a hearing by the
Transportation and Telecommunications Committee on February 15, 2011.

The hearing is scheduled for 1:30pm at the Capitol in Room 1113.

You can get a pdf copy of the bill at the following URLs:

The Nebraska State Legislature website:

http://nebraskalegislature.gov/bills...cumentID=12373

or from my website:

http://www.ctwsoft.com/arrlne/LB573.pdf

This bill follows up on an attempt made last session to modify a new
law to allow Storm Spotters to use flashing amber lights. It has been
reviewed by ARRL's legislative affairs office. I've received both
positive and negative comments from hams in Nebraska. These were all
thoughtful and had merit. Whether for or against the bill, you can
make suggestions to modify the bill and improve any resulting law.

If you would like to testify in person about LB573, your contributions
would be appreciated. If you would like to submit comments in writing
(via email), please follow the advice of Jim Harper, KCØSHZ, that I
emailed earlier. Jim suggested:

1. Send your comments to the Chair of the Transportation and
Telecommunications Committee, Sen. Fischer. Her email address is:

2. Include the bill number (LB573) and the phrase "Testimony for the
Record" in the subject line. Also indicate whether the testimony is in
favor or opposed to the bill. For example, you can write

"LB573 - Testimony for the Record (in favor)" or "LB573 - Testimony for
the Record (opposed)"

73, Art KØAIZ

ARRL Nebraska Section
Section Manager: Arthur I Zygielbaum, K0AIZ