Old November 25th 11, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default JB Weld Waterweld and/or Loctite repair epoxy for dipole insulators??

"Jayson" wrote in message ...

Thanks to all. I decided not to use the Waterweld due to the
uncertainties. I tried to use what coax seal I had left since Radio Shack
no longer sells it and I lacked time to get more, so what coax seal didn't
seal I covered with electrical tape followed by a couple of coats of liquid
electrical tape.

I think my original question here was a little misleading. I really wasn't
needing a support insulator, but a proper seal. I was building a folded
gain dipole for 20 meters out of 300 ohm twin lead, so the ends had to be
sealed as well as the two center places where the beams connect. Hard to
explain, but I sealed as above. Hope it holds up.

Jayson

-
OK, good luck.

But, I was hoping to see someone microwave test the JB. Might do it myself,
just out of curiosity if I get tired of watching the squirrels run up and
down the tree out back

Wayne
W5GIE