Old August 16th 14, 05:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default USA HR-4969

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 18:08:49 EDT, KC4UAI wrote:

I figured that this would only let me put up a TV antenna. But I also
know that to the untrained eye, a TV antenna and a VHF/UHF beam might
look pretty similar. But I was also hoping to get the HOA used to
thinking that the antenna restrictions where unenforceable. Then put
up a vertical with a TV antenna on top for loading.

In FCC Docket 96-83, the proceeding that established the FCC's OTARD
rules (Section 1.4000) as directed by Section 207 of the
Telecommunications Act of 1996, there was specific wording that the
"preemption" applied to antennas used exclusively for TV/video
reception or for transmission incidental to operation of such systems
(subscriber feedback, download ordering, etc.) A "TV antenna" or
look-alike used for ham radio is specifically not preempted nor is
there any intent to preempt ham radio antennas even if used for TV
reception.

Good try but no cigar!

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
ARRL Volunteer Counsel