Old February 3rd 15, 04:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Barry OGrady[_3_] Barry OGrady[_3_] is offline

Default ICOM ic-746 no voice transmitted

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 10:35:39 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I am new to ham radio. For my first hf radio, I bought a used ic-746.
It has been working on all bands except 2 meters. I can receive on 2
meters but not transmit. It seems to be transmitting a signal but not
transmitting the voice. I use a ht to determine if the icom is
transmitting. I set both radios to the same frequency. When I push PTT
on the icom, the green receive light on the ht turns on but when I
talk into the mic, there is no sound on the ht. Unlike other bands,
the Po and SWR meters on the icom do not move when trying to transmit
on 2 meters. The power supply meter moves a little when PTT is pushed.
Any ideas or suggestions?

The IC-746 has no meters. It uses a large LCD display.

Thanks,

I hope that helps.

Dennis KD0TTF

--
Richard Dawkins dies then turns God into an atheist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsVebAmoa98