Old May 17th 15, 08:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Baofeng

"gareth" wrote in message
Obviously I'd heard of the Baofeng products, and this weekend
was my first opportunity to see one in the flesh, but not in amateur
service, for I was a jump judge at an equestrian event and some of these
little beauties were the 2-way radios supplied to each fence.

Interesting to compare the march of time because a couple of years ago
I picked up a Pye Ranger, a valve PMR, dated 1969, and the microphone
alone
is bigger than those Baofeng jobbies.

The mic probably cost almost as much as the Baofeng. I know batteries for
the Hts cost more than the whole HT from Baofeng.

Couple of years ago my battery packs for the Yeasu Hs were going bad so I
picked up a Woxun for just over $ 100. Came with a desk charger. Much
smaller and if I need batteries much cheaper.