Old September 20th 03, 03:06 PM
Dwight Stewart

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote:

You just locked, loaded, took careful aim, and shot
yourself in the foot! If you had ANY experience with
Morse/CW at all, you'd realize that the mode which
is in "decline" lately on HF is SSB -- due to poor
operating conditions. The CW segments continue to
jump with activity. (snip)

So you're saying code use "in this country" is jumping with activity? If
so, where? I've looked in the commercial bands, shortwave broadcast bands,
military bands, and so on, and found very little code use (certainly far
less than just a few decades ago, just as I said).

I'm gonna give you some free advice here, Dwight.
(snip) You're out of your depth when discussing code
testing, so I would suggest, for the sake of your own
credibility, that you chose a topic you know something
about.

Now, let me give you some advice, Larry. You're too narrow-minded to even
understand the concepts behind code testing. Code testing is not, and has
never been, solely to benefit Amateur Radio. Therefore, you can't focus
solely on Amateur Radio when discussing the code testing issue. So, for the
sake of your own credibility on this subject, look outside your own narrowly
defined little world at the much larger picture elsewhere (the view from the
FCC's perspective). Only then will you be aware enough to seriously discuss
this issue.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/