RadioBanter

-   About this forum (https://www.radiobanter.com/about-forum/)
-   -   Realistic DX-440 Help Needed! (https://www.radiobanter.com/about-forum/144374-realistic-dx-440-help-needed.html)

yarekkin June 7th 09 01:40 PM

Realistic DX-440 Help Needed!

I just joined the group and after purchasing my DX-440 yesterday at a yard sale for $1 (no power supply included) I bought 6 "D" batteries and the 2 "AA" batteries. The radio turned on just fine and I tried to scan fm stations for a minute or so (with the antenna fully extended) and it never picked up anything at all and there is absolutely no sound coming from the speaker. I then plugged in my headphones which bypassing the speaker my help and that didn't work as well. I just got this radio yesterday afternoon and I plan on toying around to try to find out my issue. I tried flipping all switches as it scanned and so forth to no avail and no sound. I did find a website for the manual:
http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-in...HACK/DX-440-_E
Hopefully someone can use that info. Typical computer problem as well downloading the manual but I will fix that shortly. Any help and suggestions is highly appreciated. Like I stated, for just $1 and if I have to have it repaired, I still think I got a bargain. I have read alot of reviews about this radio and I'll get it going "one way or the other"! Happy listening! TY

yarekkin June 7th 09 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarekkin (Post 679744)
[...]

Each day is another day to learn something new!