RadioBanter

-   About this forum (https://www.radiobanter.com/about-forum/)
-   -   image/word verification for registering (https://www.radiobanter.com/about-forum/151203-image-word-verification-registering.html)

beefington May 4th 10 03:33 PM

image/word verification for registering

I just registered to post on this forum and it took me at least a dozen tries to get the characters right for the anti-spam verification part of the registration form. I just thought the administration would like to know it's really difficult to make out the letters (that's the point, I know, but it goes a little too far) even for me with good eyesight. I can only imagine how many people with aging eyes or sight problems have given up on trying to register after ten tries at that thing.

Plotus November 18th 10 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beefington (Post 706261)
I just registered to post on this forum and it took me at least a dozen tries to get the characters right for the anti-spam verification part of the registration form. I just thought the administration would like to know it's really difficult to make out the letters (that's the point, I know, but it goes a little too far) even for me with good eyesight. I can only imagine how many people with aging eyes or sight problems have given up on trying to register after ten tries at that thing.

I havn't had problems with this site speciffically, and as I recall when registering, nothing noteworthy drew my attention, but I will agree that some sites anti-spam measures are difficult to manage. Yes, I'm one of those old duffs who's eyesight is having 'diminished returns'....lol...