RadioBanter

-   -   Testing a theremocouople-type RF Ammeter (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/102136-testing-theremocouople-type-rf-ammeter.html)

Al Schapira August 22nd 06 05:05 AM

Testing a theremocouople-type RF Ammeter

Is is valid to test a thermocouple-type RF Ammeter using low
frequency (say 60 Hz) current? I did so and got quite
reasonable results. Hey, current is current, right?

I have three different thermocouple-type RF Ammeters, with
FS ranges of 1.5, 2.0 and 3.0 RF Amps that I wanted to test.
The 2 Amp meter has an external thermocouple (16 mV DC for 2.0 RF Amps)
and the other two have internal thermocouples.

I hooked them all up in series, and also in series with a
Fluke digital AC Ammeter, fed them from 6.3 VAC through a suitable
dropping resistor. All readings agreed within a few percent at various
currents.

Can I now assume that these meters will also function correctly at RF?

Thanks.

-Al, W2ADS